Busy days usually call for quick and easy dinners.
I like to take my favorite meals and see how I can make them at home. That way, I can control what goes into the dish and try and make it as healthy as possible.
I am a huge fan of cauliflower, and when grocery stores started selling riced cauliflower the possibilities became ENDLESS. It makes prep so much easier. No more steaming cauliflower florets and bringing out the food processor to chop it up. Taking out that prep step of the process meant I could enjoy riced cauliflower meals more often – especially one of my favorites, cauliflower fried “rice”.
This meal is not only super easy to whip together, it is also delicious and I am never left missing the take-out version! I add scrambled eggs to it make the meal a little more balanced, but you can also choose to add diced chicken. The veggies I use are usually whatever I have on hand, so choose your favorites and throw them into the mix.
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 small head of broccoli chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 cups riced cauliflower (you can find this at almost every grocery store)
- 2 scrambled eggs
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Soy sauce or liquid aminos to taste
- Salt & pepper (optional)
- Saute onion in oil for about 2-3 minutes
- Add carrots to oil and onions for another 2-3 minutes
- Add in broccoli and any other of veggies of choice
- Stir in peas and riced cauliflower. Let it all cook together for another 4-5 minutes or until veggies are soft,
- Push veggies to the side of one pan in order to make room to pour in the eggs (you can also do this in a separate pan if you would like). Scramble the eggs and mix it all together
- Add soy sauce, or liquid aminos, and stir
- Season to taste
Seriously, this meal could not be easier to make!
The most time consuming part is chopping the veggies, but once that’s done everything cooks super fast – it’s the perfect meal for when you get home late and just need that quick dinner! This healthy version of vegetable fried rice will satisfy you without leaving you with that yucky feeling you get sometimes after eating take-out fried rice.
Get creative, and don’t forget to share your thoughts and #fuelfixx dinner with us!